Monday, August 24, 2009

OZORA FESTIVAL

August 11-17. 2009

Back from Paradise!! and a crazy land Paradise it was...

We left home on the Monday night, smiles to the air attendant, 3 beers 2 wines each tipsy later.

Followed by the first time I've ever gone through passport control beer in hand!

In a taxi...to the hotel!! Which room is Timo in? up to ours...silly face pictures in the lift mirrors...Timo's room and reunited smiley beer celebrations!! Sean's an idiot for climbing on that ledge! he knows it! Meticulous James arrives!....and then there were 4...Stubble back to the room...sleep.


Up at 09:30, taxi to the train station...Get some bits and pieces, the train leaves soon. Rain drops falling, darting for the train, find our space in the non geriatric carriage. For their sake....Who jumps in the same carriage?!! Its the Alex, Judi and the Swiss Transahara connection...wow Jagermeister goats cheese celebrations all around...


Train for an hour + plus, change, cram, sit with non Ozora people, they must have thought “who are they and why have the disturbed my regular spacious journey”....its hot, Simontornya here we come.


Arrival- shuttle bus, we'll get the next one...Timo and balancing beer tray arrives...smiles all around.
We get the next shuttle. 300 HUF... As we board and people cram on I think in India they would just climb on the roof and a guy next to me says exactly my thoughts...I tell him so....then another comments about my Transahara T-shirt he's from France, oh yeah there were lots of French people at Transahara. I mention Loic's name and he says...yes that's my friend waiting for me at Ozora and the young girl sitting near says that's my boyfriend. Same person I shared a shuttle with to Transahara...festival energy is strong....

We arrive the sign says WELCOME TO PARADISE....Hungarian log and stick men line the entrance.

Out of the bus, Its Loic he's waiting for he's friends.... into the cue, I call ahead to Lee who had arrived the day before...he warns me of a 7 hour wait they had...we're happy and it only takes about an hour. No problem, its part of the anticipation experience. Arm band on and we walk up the festival road...

This girl, she looks familiar....I cant remember....but then...Heleen!!! she shouts to the familiar face....”Luanne I'll take them to the camp site”.... off we go, Timo & James go with Pete, Swiss connection, split and we head to the Cape Town camp.

Under the tree, super decorations, a beautiful effort, all sit around and we do intros. Unpack our tent and find a spot...home is here from the next 5 days.


Just before 20:00 the tribes gather around the beautiful dance floor which lies deep in a rolling hill. Anticipation and excitement fill the air, all chat and smile, as the sun slowly dips away. As if the rope was cut everyone makes a bee line for under the dance floor centre. Some shouting and screaming with excitement. We congregate. Opening ceremony, Juno starts, smiles all around. This is why we have come from far and wide. “This is more than entertainment”

The first evening is enjoyed to the fullest, some alcohol to take us into the night gets shared around and the party vibes start...The next morning...vibes were strong! already on day 1 as the drizzle fell...

sprinkler view

Then the next few days were put on fast forward...laughter, happiness, random meetings, and crazy fun friendship was shared, the low points from stomping exhaustion were cured with freezing showers, red wine and sleep. 9 to 5 life style patterns were torched by the dance floor flame. And we became happiness beast creatures of both day and night. Day smiles and surprisingly something I don't often see....youtube hiding night smiles evaporate amongst us. Tribal beats, inflatable friends. Drinkable water offered on the dance floor! Popping cork's. Only here could 2 total strangers, Sparky & Catherine meet with large inflatable crocodiles strapped to their backs. The Rain brought a slippery calming period where the wilder ones could express the mud wrestling fun.

We found new friendships based on this meeting in utopia. Hugs and hand shakes.

The group I was with were beyond special. This is where previous strangers were made inflatable brothers and sisters...Tom, Lee, Rafie, Olie, Gus, Andrew, Derek, Jeremy, Simon, Nick and Sean, you guys rock! The girls...Catherine, Kate, Holly, Luanne, Megan, Emily, Ashley, Simone, Heleen, and Amanda! Such great effort & energy! I feel fortunate to have festival'd with you.


Kates massage

The people who shared front left for Protoculture you created an atomic explosion of euphoria...My Swiss friends you are beautiful happy open people, oh and so so crazy!! :) All of the Transahara family! The German guys! Everyone else I had the pleasure to meet and see again, made the festival so special. When I smiled, thank you for smiling back. :-)

The last main floor set ...Man With No Name, awesome...Goa and by far this was my most special set of the festival. Happy smiles-Amber Aroma and beaming sun rays. Tears to my eyes when I discussed...I could be any where in the world at that moment with as much money/clothes/cars/riches and I would choose to be as I was...right there. This is Love, this is Life.


Clean(ish) toilets, good showers, and a great selection of artists...although generally to me it makes no difference, I go for the people. Ozora had some of the most friendly festival bar and security staff I have ever experienced! Köszönöm! BIG thank you to the Ozora crew!


Monday was the sad good byes, back to Budapest, Night in a city hotel hot baths, and the next day a complete cycle of the beautiful city before heading back to the world.


Love, Light and Respect! See you on the dance floor!


frame set

Des


**The happiness connection is strong, still there are sad moments. Someone stole my beautiful Thai pants off our line, the only pair of pants I brought, I hope its because they had non but psychedelic thieves are so amongst us. Its wrong to prey on others when they are in open vulnerable states. Some still walk with attitude, and even those who oppose the main stream system most...carry a negativity chip on their shoulder....Respect for nature is a problem, I'm sure the Ozora crew have people who come and clean up, and for them the cigarette butts must be torment. The tent in the camping area that was playing dark psy until the last Monday afternoon. You are a crazy man some people must rest...that's enough neagtivity talk...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Des, I would like to thank your friendship at the Ozora fest, I set my tent next to yours :) I'm Victor from Mexico.

I was trying to locate you somehow and finally did :). Nice blog you have...

Hopefully we will meet again... somewhere. Please say Hi to everyone. Wish you a great 2010 with tons of fun and health. Cheers ;)

Des said...

Victor! from Mexico! yes! its you! good to hear from you my friend I hope the end of 2009 and the start of 2010 has treated you well. thanks for finding me! keep in touch. this year hopefully we will discover Mafia island. maybe cross paths!
BOOM
Cheers bro!